Friday, June 15, 2007

Crazy For Coconuts!


I am so in love with coconuts right now. Fresh-picked right from the tree. Felix and Lincoln walk off down the road with the red wagon and come back less than an hour later with a full load of coco's! Man, what a blessing. This earth is so abundant... I honestly didn't know that coconuts could taste so good. We are so fortunate to have them growing right along our street, right in the middle of the city. What resilient trees they are! When we went to CT last summer, I ended up buying some of the young Thai coconuts that they sell in Whole Foods. They were good but I noticed a weird metallic taste when I ate them. Come to find out, apparently they are dipped in some nasty chemicals before they are shipped to keep them "fresh". I didn't research this so I don't know if it is all Thai coco's or what but I am not taking any chances!

I'm feeling much better lately. I think it is because the moon is finally back to waxing. I have noticed that right before the new moon I get really down and cranky and have more cravings than usual. Oh whatever, I'm just doing my best to keep it all raw!

I have also found that visualizing myself healthy and slim is really helping me with the weight loss. I truly believe that what we believe to be true about ourselves becomes our reality. This has proven itself to be true in my life time and time again. Now to keep my thoughts and feelings about myself positive and loving in every moment... That is the real key.

Today I made a smoothie out of some coconut meat, a frozen banana, and a teaspoon of my secret-delectable-oh-my-god-it-is-so-good raw chocolate sauce... All I can say is WOW! Raw food is so good. And it didn't even have any cashews!

One love and all blessings to you all.

No comments: