Saturday, August 4, 2007

OK and now back to the raw food portion of our programming...


So it is Saturday morning and I just woke up from a marathon 12 hour sleep. I guess I was tired... When I went to bed last night I was so depressed I didn't even know what to do with myself. I spent much of last evening on the couch watching makeover and modelling "reality" shows and that definitely didn't help. Especially because I noticed that all the "gorgeous" young women on the modelling show also seemed to be completely depressed. I mean, more depressed than me. I know it probably didn't help that these gorgeous, young, size 2 ladies were constantly being told to lose weight by their "agents" who it seems are some of the rudest, most superficial, people ever to walk the face of the earth. I'm glad that I am not really "into" fashion but I was kind of pissed to see that these "perfect" women did not seem to be enjoying themselves or happy in any way. You see, I have always had this little fantasy that once I reach "my goal weight" I will suddenly become this happy, peaceful woman who is suddenly unaffected by anything upsetting and waaaaayyyyy less sensitive to the every day dramas than I currently am. I know, ridiculous. But seeing just how ridiculous I was being certainly added a little more juice to my depression stew. So I just went to bed. I mean what else can a girl do. But now it is the glorious warm sunshiny morning and I am feeling much better. I finally had a really good nights sleep and I am ready for action again. I have come to realize that I all really need to do is care for myself and love myself. I am so great-full for this astounding life that I have been blessed with. So I have decided that I really need to take my rawness seriously and make it into a more nutrition based approach to fueling my body. Plus, I could really use some digestional healing. Granted, it isn't nearly as fun as sexual healing, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right? So it's mono fruit meals for me in the daytime and a nice salad with a nut/see/avo based dressing for my evening meal which should be eaten no later than 8 pm. I think that this approach to eating is kind and loving to my body and will also help me to achieve my weight loss goals. Besides, I just simply have to much to do to be spending all my time fooling around in the kitchen making raw cakes day in and day out... And after all, peaches and watermelon are in season, so there is really nothing for me to bitch about, now is there? Love to you all and thanks for caring. XXOO.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I related so much to your post. After reading about Green Mama and the 80-10-10, I got the book and have been eating much more simply. I am not missing the fancy raw stuff at all.

Big Hugs!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I am with YA!!! I want the weight to just suddenly disappear and then I just know I will be HAPPY, not reality at all, I know! But we can dream together : )
Laura

Queen B said...

Hi Darlings-
Thanks for the comments.
It always helps to know that I am not alone with my weight worries and semi-psychosis! LOL
Love and blessings-