Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Natalia Rose's "Raw Food Detox Diet"

So I have just re-read Natalia Rose's "Raw Food Detox Diet" and I am in love... I highly recommend it to new raw fooders, people who love to cook but want to be raw, and those who have been struggling with staying "all raw". I am experimenting with her gradual approach to detox and am finding that my food "issues" are less present, I feel more centered, and I am losing weight. She is also a big advocate of food combining and I am enjoying learning about it.

Felix and I are both feeling better since the liver cleanse. The biggest difference is that we are both less cranky and we are sleeping better.

I am still loving the cacao. Wow! That stuff is powerful. I make fresh almond milk and blend it with dates, maca, cacao powder, a pinch of salt, some vanilla, and some ice and -holy cow- that is some good stuff. I have been having it for lunch with a salad. For breakfast I have green lemonade and then some fruits through out the rest of the morning. And then in the afternoon I have green lemonade again. And then I have a properly combined dinner. No sweat. Everyone is happy. 'Nuff said...

3 comments:

Connie said...

Yeah! :)

Big Loves!
Connie

Daisy said...

Raw cacao rocks! I wish it wasnt so expensive as it has totally taken off with my kids.... but worth every cent as so much better than that sugary processed rubbish!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I would like to read that book. I'm feeling cranky and tired most of the time so I guess I need a detox diet. And I'll couple it with sessions of Bay Area body wrap. I've read that Bay Area body wraps can detoxify the body. So I guess, they go hand in hand.