Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dehydrator Drama, Butter Lettuce, and Labradorite...


So, I have a confession to make. I don't really like salad... I know, I know, such blasphemy from the mouth of an aspiring raw fooder. But, I just don't usually like it, until tonight that is. I have discovered butter lettuce. It is so delicious. I ate two darling heads of the hydroponic delicacy and loved every bite. What a breakthrough for me. I really, really liked it. I didn't eyeball Felix and Linc's tofu and soba noodle stir fry with even the slightest touch of jealousy. It is practically a miracle. I just ate my butter lettuce with some delicious sweet mustard dressing and drank my vegetable juice, happy as could be. Thank you Universe.

I don't think I like dehydrated food, except red pepper flax crackers. I don't even like the smell of the dehydrator while it is running, and yes it is clean! I couldn't even face the stuff that I made in it yesterday. It just doesn't appeal to me. I have been this way since I got the thing and I know it is just me because everyone else seems to love all the stuff I make in it, even my SAD friends... I also think I have gone off cashews, again. They just don't taste that good anymore. Well, except when you make them into raw cheesecake, which I intend to do tomorrow. I have this whole freezerful of nuts and seeds and I couldn't care less about them. I even went to the health food store today after my meditation with my friend Barbara at her healing arts office and ended up buying dried veggie snacks and dried bananas because the thought of eating the nuts in a Lara bar totally turned me off. I don't even know if the things that I got were "really raw" or not but they were the only non-nut rawish snack in the whole health food store! Get with the program, local health food store! I really would rather buy my stuff from the neighborhood HFS and not drive all the way to Providence, RI to Whole Foods, but when practically all the local place sells is supplements, health and beauty aids, and organic meat, it kind of leaves me no choice!

I got a new bracelet today from my favorite jewelry store. It is labradorite and I love it. I am very particular about my jewelry and I think my taste in it is different from most people. I like more rustic, artsy pieces not fancy kinds of stuff. I always pick out the weird pieces that no one else buys, but then everyone always comments on my jewelry and asks where I got it... Anyhow, I just learned that Labradorite is a power stone, allowing you to see through illusions and determine the actual form of your dreams and goals. It is excellent for strengthening intuitions.

Use labradorite to:

Stimulate imagination
Develop enthusiasm and thus, new ideas
To see more clearly in meditation

And also: Labradorite is an excellent gemstone for those seeking to lose weight as it balances and regulates metabolism.

Well imagine that! Love and blessings to you all and sweet dreams too!

No comments: